POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : People are strange : Re: People are strange Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: People are strange
From: nemesis
Date: 6 Mar 2009 15:40:54
Message: <49b18a56$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
> scott wrote:
>>> Nah, I'm sure if you do anything reasonably popular in the Internet
>>> you're going to get at least a few people ask you crazy things. The
>>> Internet seems to attract crazy people for some reason...
>>
>> Maybe because it is quite anonymous, but I'm sure those
>> comment/suggestion boxes in shops and places get some pretty crazy
>> stuff too :-)
>
> Yeah, that might be interesting...
>
> I'm wondering if specific shops get specific kinds of cracked pots? :-D

It seems so.  After some physics and astronomy posts around here a while
back, I felt tempted to go to alt.astronomy.  What I found was not so
much topis about astronomy and hard science, but instead an effluvia of
paranoia, religious fanatics shouting about
yet-more-end-of-the-world-is-near and nazi/jewish conspiracies.

It's a truly insane zoo in there.  Never found anything similar anywhere...

BTW, that's a webcomics's site and humor permeates it all over, obviously.