POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sometimes ad banner blindness can be harmful : Re: Sometimes ad banner blindness can be harmful Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sometimes ad banner blindness can be harmful
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Mar 2009 10:23:15
Message: <49b13fe3$1@news.povray.org>
>>> That's why I use Ad Block Plus :)
>>
>> And part of the reason why I lock my machine (Windows key + L)
>> whenever I leave my desk.
>>

> Yeah, after the first time your desktop is screwed with, and hundreds of
>  files are copied to your (once carefully arranged) desktop, most people
> will lock their machines.

Where I work, locking your PC when you walk away is A LEGAL REQUIREMENT.
As in, not doing this is grounds for dismissal.

Also, the screensaver is set to kick in after 15 minutes and require a
password. And you cannot turn this off. (To me, 15 minutes seems like
rather a long time... but then, any time limit would be kinda arbitrary
I guess.)