POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sometimes ad banner blindness can be harmful : Re: Sometimes ad banner blindness can be harmful Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sometimes ad banner blindness can be harmful
From: scott
Date: 6 Mar 2009 10:18:16
Message: <49b13eb8$1@news.povray.org>
> Yeah, after the first time your desktop is screwed with, and hundreds of
> files are copied to your (once carefully arranged) desktop, most people
> will lock their machines.
>
> (I was on the giving end of that one, not the receiving end.... )

Hehe, since I left University luckily I don't have to worry about that sort
of thing anymore (renaming contact names on ICQ or msn so that two people
were apparently swapped was a favourite).

> FWIW, Winkey+L is almost automatic when I get up from my machine.

Yeh me too, partly because we are meant to do that anyway, and also I don't
want anyone looking at my screen while I am away.  And then like you say it
just becomes habit.