POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : People are strange : Re: People are strange Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: People are strange
From: scott
Date: 6 Mar 2009 08:13:42
Message: <49b12186@news.povray.org>
> Typically, their "program" consisted of several files with plausible
> filenames, containing words like "class" and "public" and "int", but... it
> wasn't Java. It wasn't even remotely parsable. It vaguely resembled

Ditto in our C++ programming sessions, I'd say about 50% "got it" and
finished in about half the allotted time, the other 50% had no chance and
were still there after twice the allotted time with nothing even resembling
a compilable program, and having to ask for help at every stage.

> Are you *kidding* me? Drawing an ordinary circle is almost impossible to
> start with. :-P

Well you are allowed to use tools like a compass, ruler, etc.

> Heh. Sounds like the "software development project" I did at uni. There
> were four of us, and only I knew how to actually program in any language.

Hehe that's great on a CS degree :-)