POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : People are strange : Re: People are strange Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: People are strange
From: scott
Date: 6 Mar 2009 07:57:38
Message: <49b11dc2$1@news.povray.org>
> As you may know, while I was at uni doing my BSc, I regularly had MSc
> students that I'd never met before in my life wander up to me and ask in
> broken English whether I could "fix their Java". I have no idea how the
> hell they knew my name or my skill with Java...

Hehe reminds me of when we had the first few mechanical drawing (yes, by
hand, you try drawing the intersection of a cylinder and cone by hand in 3
different projections!) classes at University.  There was only one guy who
could do this stuff properly (he did it during a gap year I think) and so as
the afternoon progressed each stage of the work would kind of ripple
outwards from his desk towards the outside :-)