POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Standard libraries : Re: Standard libraries Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Standard libraries
From: Warp
Date: 6 Mar 2009 07:33:56
Message: <49b11834@news.povray.org>
> I really have to wonder, sometimes, how far people are going to mutate C++
> before they just give up and decide they're done. :-)

  You make it sound like C++ is the only language which is constantly
being developed further by adding new features and new libraries (and
that this is somehow a negative thing?). That other currently used languages
are more or less "ready" and do not change much.

  Of course that's pure BS. Most currently popular languages are being
constantly developed further and their libraries enhanced. Look at Java, C#
or the .NET framework. It's not that long ago that Java didn't even have
generics. Now it has them. What is the current version of .NET? 3.something?
And each major version introduced new features. Look at Haskell: That's
probably one of the languages which is going through the largest amount
of development. Things which were hard or cumbersome to do in the past
are being fixed in newer versions by adding new features.

  Why do you deliberately make it sound like C++ is the only modern language
for which new features are being added? Why do you deliberately ignore all
the other languages for which the exact same thing is true? Why do you
deliberately make it sound like it's a *bad* thing that the language is
being developed further? Why are you deliberately singling out C++ from
all the other languages? Are you deliberately trolling?

  I don't know if I'm just being paranoid, but I honestly think that you
are doing this for the simple reason that you know that you are going to
troll me.

--
                                                          - Warp