POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension : Re: Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension
From: Mike Hough
Date: 6 Mar 2009 01:57:18
Message: <49b0c94e$1@news.povray.org>
I wondered where the heck that came from. Showed up a few weeks ago here.

This raises an interesting question - what if Mozilla were to issue a
security "update" that removed the Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant from
Firefox? Considering that the software is installed without a user's
permission, I doubt MS would have any recourse.

Mike

"Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote in
message news:49b0af6c@news.povray.org...