POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Standard libraries : Re: Standard libraries Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Standard libraries
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Mar 2009 20:51:30
Message: <49b081a2$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> The reason is that there's no way in the current
> C++ to embed the function into the for_each() call.

> that the function has no access to the variables in the scope where the
> for_each() is executed.

Technically, these are both the same problem. :-)  I just thought that was
an amusing observation when I saw it: C *does* have closures. It just
doesn't have nested function scopes, so closures and pointers-to-functions
are the same thing in C.

I really have to wonder, sometimes, how far people are going to mutate C++
before they just give up and decide they're done. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)