POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sometimes ad banner blindness can be harmful : Sometimes ad banner blindness can be harmful Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  Sometimes ad banner blindness can be harmful
From: Warp
Date: 5 Mar 2009 15:13:58
Message: <49b03286@news.povray.org>
So I was at work browsing an unofficial developer forum related to the
job I was working with. I went to the bathroom and left the browser window
open there. When I came back and saw the browser window from afar, I was
like "WTF?". There were half-naked women on the upper and left sides of
the web page. Certainly not something you usually want in your screen at
work.

  What had happened? Well, this unofficial developer forum used more
risque ad banners, and I had been completely blind to them while browsing
the forum and didn't notice them until I got a look from a different
perspective.

  Fortunately embarrassing situations were avoided this time, but it
certainly tells something about the possible embarrassing effects of
banner blindness.

--
                                                          - Warp