POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Standard libraries : Re: Standard libraries Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Standard libraries
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Mar 2009 11:34:09
Message: <49afff01$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Yeah. It's a hoot. You use one library that uses array-X, and another
> library that uses array-Y, and now your program must waste time
> converting from one to the other. Great fun. :-/

Could be worse. Could be Ada, where you have things like "library of arrays
holding bytes in memory" and "library of arrays holding bytes from I/O
operations" and they aren't the same and there's (AFAIK) no standard
conversion functions.

Great, if your computer isn't using 8-bit bytes for memory. For all the rest
of us, rather a PITA.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)