POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : vrotate? : Re: vrotate? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: vrotate?
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 5 Mar 2009 08:50:22
Message: <49afd89e$1@news.povray.org>
"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Sounds like you want Reorient_Trans() in transforms.inc. Just put your
> small
> moss component at the origin, aligned on the axis of your choice, then
> apply
> this transform before translation.

Ok, so since my translation is the trace output and the vector I wish to
reorient towards is the normal, would I do this:

   object {
    mossFrond(5,6,<0,0,0>,0.125*0.5,frond)
    Reorient_Trans(mossVectArray[i],normVectArray[i])
    translate mossVectArray[i]
   }

That seems to get me close, but still some point straight up which should
not, and those which are pointing in a direction are aimed toward the
opposite of where they should be.

I'll post an image in p.b.i. (accidently posted one here earlier as I forgot
I was in p.g...need sleep...)

ian