POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : vrotate? : vrotate? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:13:17 EDT (-0400)
  vrotate?
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 5 Mar 2009 02:52:48
Message: <49af84d0$1@news.povray.org>
I'm looking through the docs and see that vrotate *seems* to do what I'm
looking for; that is to have a vector A which is rotated by a vector B.

So this would mean that if I have two vectors, say the top and bottom of a
cyl, that I could, using vrotate, arbitrarily rotate the top of the cyl
while leaving the bottom in place?

If so, sweet, and can vrotation be used to determine the effect of vrotate?
Would vcross give the perpendicular axis needed in vrotation, if its inputs
were vector A and vector B from above?

I really should have started digging around in this program more fully many
years ago. :-|

ian