POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Debian : Re: Debian Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Debian
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Mar 2009 12:02:04
Message: <49aeb40c$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> most part it's one of the best OS apps ever.

It also has the advantage over many others that it doesn't screw up your
hand-built configurations when you use it.  If you manually add routes to
your routing files, then use YaST to edit them, it neither discards them nor
chokes, but rather makes the changes right in the same file you made your
changes. This is a big win,when you need to ask someone else to help out or
if you have some changes YaST can't handle. And that's true of everything
YaST configures, as far as I can tell. It doesn't have a separate list of
init.d scripts (for example) that it clobbers yours with when you change
something after manually adding init.d scripts.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)