POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : problems linking to boost libraries (linux) : Re: problems linking to boost libraries (linux) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:32:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problems linking to boost libraries (linux)
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 4 Mar 2009 06:01:53
Message: <49ae5fa1@news.povray.org>
"CShake" <cshake+pov### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> @Jim - ZLib is a shared library, libz.so.1.2.3.3 is the main file, and
> libz.so.1 and libz.so are both symlinks to it. libz.a also exists in
> /usr/lib
> Did you need to use extra switches to install ZLib as shared, or to
> install povray using shared libs?

My apologies if I've confused the issue .....

My Zlib problem was not related to installing the POV-Ray application (beta
or otherwise).

My problem was with installing ImageMagik on my LAMP server. Like you I
thought I had Zlib installed just fine and tried several things until I hit
upon the --shared switch (configure) and just thought it was worth a shot
offering that idea to the discussion.

Good Luck!

Jim