POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh goodie : Re: Oh goodie Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh goodie
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Mar 2009 04:31:26
Message: <49ae4a6e$1@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:

> 	They're not punishing anybody. They couldn't care less who is breaking
> the law. They want to keep their costs down, and Bittorrent (legal or
> otherwise) will put a strain on their infrastructure. However, it's
> convenient for them to frame it in a legal sense, so that people don't
> argue.

That would seem the case, yes. Much easier to say "only criminals use
this" than to admit that they don't like losing their cushy profit margin.

I love how some of the articles I've read make it sound like
"downloading" is illegal. Um, and the service that ISPs exist to provide
is...? ...the ability to download stuff. :-P