POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : GPU usage : Re: GPU usage Server Time
14 May 2024 22:38:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GPU usage
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 3 Mar 2009 15:02:14
Message: <49ad8cc6$1@news.povray.org>
I see what you mean and yes, there will be times where such preview
window could not be displayed and would be great to have a way to
indicate to the window that ignore certain if not all the code,
activating or deactivating the window with a hot-key and another hot-key
  for the preview.

As I say the preview would be only for certain aspects of POV-Ray that
can be quickly if not real-time previewed, of course if the parsing
would take time "preview as you type" would be a no-go.

I propose this humble solution: have the preview Window to open a copy
of the source code window but not for editing but for selecting the
parts of the code that will be preview IF they don't take too long to
parse, with an easy paragraph/structure selection with small bookmarks
of paragraphs/structure "bookmarks" like Acrobat Reader displays when a
.pdf has bookmarks. Also would be good that the preview starts when you
open you .pov (if configured this way), and to make open-up preview, the
would simply add elements to that preview as you create them and select
them for preview, eliminating the need to re-preview the scene.

Regards.