POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Gah! Thank god I use RAID 1.. : Re: Gah! Thank god I use RAID 1.. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gah! Thank god I use RAID 1..
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 3 Mar 2009 14:38:41
Message: <49ad8741$1@news.povray.org>
If you use Windows or another OS with Power Management make the HHDs
sleep after 10 mins of inactivity, that a check with a diag program like
everest (www.lavalys.com) to see the temp of them, if they're above 40,
buy them HDDs coolers, but you must be careful: if the coolers have no
shor-circuit protection (like the ones in my country) the moment the
fans stop spinning they will short-circuited probably damaging your
power supply, but if the coolers have the protection you are OK.

I tell the user if you hear a weird sound call me, is time to
re-lubricate the HDD coolers' fans and you are fine for another year or so.