POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My toy : Re: My toy Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My toy
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 3 Mar 2009 11:02:15
Message: <49ad5487$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> myself. OTOH, I have yet to write a working Tic-Tac-Toe program,
>>> so... maybe not. :-/
>>
>> I did that in grade school. :) It was unbeatable.
>
> The hard part is figuring out how to draw the graphics on screen and
> register the mouse clicks. Usually you have to mutilate your program to
> fit the window manager's event loop...

Oh, mine was written in QuickBASIC under DOS. (No window manager, no
mouse, just good ol' fashioned keyboard. Fun that was..

Then I changed it so it played itself. I ran it for hours and printed
out the statistics. X wins: 0 O wins: 0 Draw: <insert number of games
played>

Heh. Good fun that was.

--
~Mike