POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh goodie : Re: Oh goodie Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh goodie
From: scott
Date: 3 Mar 2009 10:03:01
Message: <49ad46a5$1@news.povray.org>

> their Internet access - a piffling 5 Mbit/sec. (But that is *both ways*.
> And if it breaks, they fix it very fast.)

Yeh, we pay I think about 4K/year for 2mbit each way.

> I don't mind so much that I won't always get 8 Mbit/sec at home. Sometimes
> the network is busy. What I object to is the ISP deliberately blocking
> certain types of traffic because they don't want me to use it.

Well that's just because they'd rather give the bandwidth to 100 people
surfing the bbc site than 1 person downloading illegal stuff from
bittorrent. (not saying that what you are doing is illegal, but i suspect
the majority of bittorrent traffic is illegal)