POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My toy : Re: My toy Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My toy
From: scott
Date: 3 Mar 2009 09:44:19
Message: <49ad4243$1@news.povray.org>
> The hard part is figuring out how to draw the graphics on screen

Choose a language / IDE / API that gives you easy access to graphics?

>  and register the mouse clicks.

Ditto.

> Usually you have to mutilate your program to fit the window manager's
> event loop...

Don't see how, if you have written functions like:
MouseClicked(int xpixel , int ypixel)
RedrawScreen()
etc, you just need to call them in response to the correct window manager
messages.  Of course if you write the whole game as just a big long chunk of
code you are going to find it hard to fit it in with a window manager.

BTW why don't you just do a text based version?