POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh goodie : Re: Oh goodie Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh goodie
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Mar 2009 08:45:42
Message: <49ad3486$1@news.povray.org>
>> Apparently the people in charge think it's completely "OK" for ISPs to
>> prevent you using the bandwidth you've paid for if they feel like it.
>> How sweet of them...
>
> I think you'll find you agreed to that when you signed up with the ISP.
> If you want guaranteed bandwidth then speak to your ISP about it,
> however you might be a bit shocked by the prices...

their Internet access - a piffling 5 Mbit/sec. (But that is *both ways*.
And if it breaks, they fix it very fast.)

I don't mind so much that I won't always get 8 Mbit/sec at home.
Sometimes the network is busy. What I object to is the ISP deliberately
blocking certain types of traffic because they don't want me to use it.