POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Create spline : Re: Create spline Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:35:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Create spline
From: Chris B
Date: 3 Mar 2009 06:27:12
Message: <49ad1410@news.povray.org>
"twister" <twi### [at] o2pl> wrote in message
>I have created such a #macro:
>
> So I can use it in this way:
> #declare new_spline = 0;
> createSpline(myArr, 5, new_spline)
> //here I have new_spline filled with spline object
>
> But my intention is to create a #macro that returns spline by value, not
> by
> parameter as above. I could then use my #macro in this way:
>
> #declare new_spline = createSpline(myArr, 5);
> //where myArr is an array with points defining a curve

If you look at Charles'  example (following his sig), you'll see that this
is what it does. Essentially in your example, where you #declare name = sp;
you can simply specify   sp (no quotes, brackets, semicolon etc.).
Alternatively you can just remove the '#local sp =' from in front of the
spline definition and the spline will be returned by the macro.

> Question 2: Is there any way (other than using #ifdef command) to check
> the size
> of an array?

dimension_size(arr,1)

Regards,