POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My toy : Re: My toy Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My toy
From: scott
Date: 3 Mar 2009 04:56:21
Message: <49acfec5@news.povray.org>
> Some pretty insane technical drawings happening in there! ;-)
>
> (I wonder how they do that BTW. Must be quite a challenge to draw
> something that complex...)

You don't draw it by hand, the CAD software will draw it based on the 3D CAD
data.  You simply set the view mode to wireframe with hidden edges,
orthographic projection etc and then save as a PNG at whatever resolution
you desire.  Takes about 30 seconds, see attached.

Actually making the 3D CAD data is not really a challenge, the software is
designed with drawing things like this in mind, so there are lots and lots
of features to make your life easy :-)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'image1.png' (19 KB)