POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Gah! Thank god I use RAID 1.. : Re: Gah! Thank god I use RAID 1.. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gah! Thank god I use RAID 1..
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 2 Mar 2009 16:08:57
Message: <49ac4ae9$1@news.povray.org>
Its cool now, I've replaced my dead(?) drive.
When my system recovered from a critical error, which is when this happened,
microsoft said it was caused by my AV. Is it possible that my HDD isn't
really dead?

If it is still chill, I'm going to throw it back in the matrix with my new
one, so I'll have 3.
Anyone know anything about that? MSs' description was kinda dubiously
ambiguous.

I think I'm going to get two of those nice WD 1Tb RAID 1 mirrored external
USB units, crap, they are only $199 at tiger direct now, they would be
perfect.

ian