POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : problems linking to boost libraries (linux) : Re: problems linking to boost libraries (linux) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problems linking to boost libraries (linux)
From: CShake
Date: 2 Mar 2009 11:19:44
Message: <49ac0720$1@news.povray.org>

> (CShake) :
>
>> I then installed boost 1.38 from source, (after removing it with the
>> package manager), and got the same error. I tried the config option
>> '--with-boost-thread=libboost_thread_gcc43-mt' because that is the name
>> of the library on my system, but it still doesn't work.
>>
> try '--with-boost-thread=boost_thread_gcc43-mt'
>
>> Chris
>
> Regards,
> Slawek

Thanks, that works for boost.

Now it is throwing errors on zlib,
"checking whether to use the ZLIB library... yes
checking for library containing zlibVersion... -lz
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for libz version >= 1.2.1... unknown
configure: error: cannot find a suitable ZLIB library"

I know I have zlib 1.2.3 installed, and I tried
'--with-zlib=/usr/include/' (where zlib.h is) and --with-zlib=/var/lib/'
(where libz.so is), neither of which work.

I don't usually have problems compiling anything, boost configured fine
and everything else I run from source has worked (once dependencies are
installed)