POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : problems linking to boost libraries (linux) : Re: problems linking to boost libraries (linux) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:38:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problems linking to boost libraries (linux)
From: CShake
Date: 1 Mar 2009 22:34:30
Message: <49ab53c6$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> CShake <cshake+pov### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> I'm running a fully updated ArchLinux system, and I installed boost 1.37
>> from the official package manager, and configure failed at checking for
>> exit in boost_thread-lboost_thread.
>> I then installed boost 1.38 from source, (after removing it with the
>> package manager), and got the same error. I tried the config option
>> '--with-boost-thread=libboost_thread_gcc43-mt' because that is the name
>> of the library on my system, but it still doesn't work.
>
> Did you verify that POV's ./configure script can locate all the boost header
> files?

I assume it can find the headers, since it's installed in the standard
location (/usr/local/lib/) and a few lines above the error it shows
"checking whether the Boost::Thread library is available... yes".

I also tried to build it with just the boost source,
(--with-boost-src=/home/cshake/Downloads/boost_1_38_0/) and ./configure
works fine, but make dies saying
"*** No rule to make target
'/home/cshake/Downloads/boost_1_38_0/libs/thread/src/barrier.cpp',
needed by 'barrier.o'. Stop".
I looked at that folder and there is no such file 'barrier.cpp' in that
folder or any subfolder, so I am confused.

Chris