POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : problems linking to boost libraries (linux) : problems linking to boost libraries (linux) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:08 EDT (-0400)
  problems linking to boost libraries (linux)
From: CShake
Date: 1 Mar 2009 20:50:02
Message: <49ab3b4a$1@news.povray.org>
I tried to compile the most recent unix source today (the package and
source are both b29 even though the main beta page says the source is
for 31), and can't seem to get it the configure script to find the boost
libraries.
I'm running a fully updated ArchLinux system, and I installed boost 1.37
from the official package manager, and configure failed at checking for
exit in boost_thread-lboost_thread.
I then installed boost 1.38 from source, (after removing it with the
package manager), and got the same error. I tried the config option
'--with-boost-thread=libboost_thread_gcc43-mt' because that is the name
of the library on my system, but it still doesn't work.
Do I need to have the location of the libraries in my $PATH or
something? They are all in the standard /usr/local/lib/, so I didn't
expect it to be weird.

Thanks for any help!
Chris

(I can provide a config.log file if needed, but won't put it inline here)