POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Finding Pigment / color of an object : Re: Finding Pigment / color of an object Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:06:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finding Pigment / color of an object
From: Chris B
Date: 1 Mar 2009 10:19:28
Message: <49aaa780$1@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.49aaa0122533534f2ddf2a340@news.povray.org...
>> You can index individual RGB colour components using the
>> identifier suffixes red, green and blue. So something like:
>
> .... and this likewise. So I bet there are .transmit and .filter suffixes
> likewise?

Yes. Good guess :-)
The other one of interest is .gray which I guess averages out the rgb values
(I've never used it).

>> ps. It's more usual to see this sort of question on povray.newusers than
>> on
>> povray.advanced-users.
>
> Hey, *I* didn't know these, and I wouldn't consider me a newbie these days
> ;)

Well I never claimed everyone knew the answer :-)

The general tone of the question led me to think it might be a new user (or
at least someone new to the newsgroups) and povray.newusers quite often
attracts more gentle responses. Maybe I'm being over sentitive :o)

Regards,
Chris B.