POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And again... : Re: And again... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And again...
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 1 Mar 2009 05:58:42
Message: <49aa6a62$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> Option #1 is clearly unsatisfactory, and option #2 is likely to get
>>> me yelled at. I love my job...
>>
>> Make your boss earn his money. Ask for an executive decision.
>
> You're talking about a man who has a packet of sunflower seeds next to
> his desk. (I'm not making this up.) Can you spell "bird brain"?
>
> In fact, I take that back. It would be an insult to the birds...
>
> I think my plan of action is to not actually *do* anything at this
> point, just ask IT why this was done.

Don't care about that, just send him an email explaining this all,
writing it as easy and self-explaining to read as possible. Make him do
the decision - you can tell him your opinion, but make sure it's his
call to decide. If you ask from him, you're doing it right, making sure
you're not violating (new) company policies yourself. And do it via
email to make sure it's written down, not just spoken.

Follow these two steps and you are fine:
Step 1: save your own ass properly
Step 2: be profitable for the company

-Aero