POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mr. _____ is dead! : Re: Mr. _____ is dead! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mr. _____ is dead!
From: Chambers
Date: 28 Feb 2009 21:18:58
Message: <49a9f092$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/28/2009 1:24 PM, andrel wrote:
> On 28-2-2009 12:30, Chambers wrote:
>> Really, though, I can't think of a single job where you do NOT need to
>> know how to close a sale, and telemarketing is a great way to learn
>> that skill.
>
> I think we have here a case of either a very narrow work experience or a
> very wide definition of sale.

It's a loose definition of sale.  Anytime you need to convince someone
else of something, you "sell" them the idea.

When writing grant proposals, you need to sell your project.  When
applying for a job, you need to sell yourself.  When working in IT, you
need to sell the various purchases that you need to make to keep things
running.

The problem most people have with sales, of course, is they think of the
fast talking con-men.  What they do isn't really sales, it's chicanery.

The art of selling is NOT the art of fooling, tricking, misdirecting, or
any other unscrupulous method.  It's the art of persuading others to
your way of thinking, and useful for just about everyone.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com