POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Messages vs Methods : Re: Messages vs Methods Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Messages vs Methods
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Feb 2009 18:31:40
Message: <49a9c95c$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> I like C# in this respect, as it requires you to be clear about which methods
> you add (= extending) and which you override (= specializing). If that doesn't
> match up with the base class, C# will force you to stop and rethink about it.

But that's really more for the whole "fragile base class" problem than it is
a "stop and think" kind of thing.  In other words, it really only kicks in
when you modify the base class after you've already compiled derivative classes.

(It's that sort of forward-looking feature that convinces me C# is very well
thought out in many ways.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)