POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Define camera angle from a given right : Re: Define camera angle from a given right Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:12:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Define camera angle from a given right
From: Alain
Date: 27 Feb 2009 19:27:10
Message: <49a884de$1@news.povray.org>
gregjohn nous illumina en ce 2009-02-27 18:43 -->
> I'm playing around with a universal camera macro.  So far it does exactly what I
> want, if I resolve to only use a "right" vector to define the angle, uh, instead
> of an "angle".
>
> Given a camera which is default by every means save the "right" vector being
> something other than 1.33*x, what is the "angle" of that camera?

For a "default" camera where the right vector have been changed, the horizontal
field of view don't change with the right vector.
The direction vector can be used to change the angle of the field of view. In
early versions, before the angle keyword was introduced, it was the only way to
change the field of view.

The up and right vectors determine the aspect ratio. They work by changing the
vertical field of view.

--
Alain
EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

A Hot Air Balloon is Male, because, to get it to go anywhere, you have to light
a fire under it, and of course, there's the hot air part.