POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : still weird artifacts with superposed, different IOR boxes : Re: still weird artifacts with superposed, different IOR boxes Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:33:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: still weird artifacts with superposed, different IOR boxes
From: Warp
Date: 26 Feb 2009 04:37:39
Message: <49a662e3@news.povray.org>
clipka <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> >   I didn't see him using an image map for his "sky sphere". His stated
> > purpose was to use something else than black as the background color.

> Right, but the issues I described may be a good reason of making it a habit to
> use true spheres instead of sky spheres.

  Why should it be a habit? Writing a sky_sphere is much less typing than
writing a regular sphere. If you ever need to change the sky_sphere to a
regular sphere (which probably will happen rarely), it's rather easy to do.

  If you make a habit of creating a sphere, you are only going to encounter
problems which a sky_sphere doesn't have.

--
                                                          - Warp