POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's finally real! : Re: It's finally real! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:13:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's finally real!
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Feb 2009 23:06:28
Message: <49a61544$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:49:37 -0200, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> And yet in the IT world, things tend to go in cycles.  We had the
>> mainframe+dumb terminal, then fat clients, then thin clients with
>> things like Citrix and LTS....
>
> Web apps = going back to thin clients. Except they are getting fat
> nowadays. :/

Yep.  It's interesting to see the cycles.  It's been my observation that
those who identify the cycles tend to do much better in the IT world - it
means there's less change to deal with, and less change in the IT world
makes it less overwhelming - even if there are implementation
differences, recognising the similarities to older technology can really
help you learn the new stuff.

Jim