POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : still weird artifacts with superposed, different IOR boxes : Re: still weird artifacts with superposed, different IOR boxes Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: still weird artifacts with superposed, different IOR boxes
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 25 Feb 2009 12:44:12
Message: <49a5836c@news.povray.org>
I don't think you should actually be doing a merge instead of an union.
Although ior is specified in the interior block, its calculated when the
ray encounters a surface, which is removed by the merge.

Using a union, at least it doesn't produce wildly different
results between tiny overlapping and tiny separation, so I'd feel
more confident with that.