POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Who says .NET is slow...? : Re: Who says .NET is slow...? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who says .NET is slow...?
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 24 Feb 2009 16:19:42
Message: <49a4646d@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Did you paste the code, or did you run the executable?

I ran the executable. I have no idea how you go about compiling C# code.

> Though, I wonder where the bottleneck could be... Does Mono use JIT, or
> is it simply interpreting the bytecode?

I even tried AOT (compiling it to a native program), and it wasn't any
faster. But I now tried it again and ran top, it looks like the X server is
the bottleneck! Are you doing pixel-by-pixel changes without double
buffering or something? (causing an X command on every pixel drawn)