POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mahjongg : Re: Mahjongg Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:16:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mahjongg
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 24 Feb 2009 15:04:47
Message: <49a452df$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Is anybody aware of a Mahjongg game with the following characteristics:
>
> - Works on Windows.
> - Not loaded with spyware/adware.
> - Looks reasonably nice.

Funny ... you HAVE to mention mahjongg. I've avoided replying to this
thread.

http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&sql=1:37333

I worked on this one (yeah, wrote it!) while I was at Sandbox Studios.
Too bad it was never actually released. It had hundreds of backgrounds
(of questionable copyright status, e.g. I don't know if the company held
the copyrights, or even had the rights to use the backgrounds) several
different tile materials, and several tile graphics. One from a real
mahjongg set.

Shame it never got released. The solver to get hints sucked badly,
though. :)

Another thing I worked on:

http://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/mahjong/pcsoft.html

Scroll down to Sandbox Email Mahjongg. I worked on this one, checkers,
and a couple card games. The rules were bent and adapted quite a bit (as
the review notes)

Ancient History best buried with tons of ET Cartridges if you ask me.

:)

--
~Mike