POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp : Re: you & me right now, warp Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: you & me right now, warp
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Feb 2009 14:50:35
Message: <49a2fe0b$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:09:58 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> ...you can *do* that?? o_O
>>
>> It *is* a mail-to-news gateway.....
>
> Oh. I thought it was just a web interface to a mailing list.

Um, no, it's self-described as a "mail to news gateway".

Paragraph 3 from the about page, for example:

"This is what Gmane offers. Mailing lists are funneled into news groups.
This isn't a new idea; several mail-to-news gateways exist. What's new
with Gmane is that no messages are ever expired from the server, and the
gateway is bidirectional. You can post to some of these mailing lists
without being subscribed to them yourself, depending on whether the
mailing lists allow non-subscribers to post or not."

>> Have a look at the FAQ....or the "About" link.
>
> I'm pretty sure I've done that once already...

Then read closer. ;-)

Jim