POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dr POV-Ray : Re: Dr POV-Ray Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dr POV-Ray
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Feb 2009 11:59:13
Message: <49a2d5e1$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> It's more that when auditors walk in and demand to know why X happened,
> you're not really allowed to say "well that's because some idiot who
> doesn't know the correct authorisation procedure decided to change it
> without bothering to notify me".

Then you definitely need to bump this up the chain of command. Get them to
put in writing that you're to lie to the auditors about why changes were
made without being logged, or something like that. :-)

> Cute, but I suspect they'd simply summarily fire me.

I wouldn't think so. Not if you go far enough up the ladder. I strongly
suspect they'd be in trouble for firing you over your insistence that you
obey the law.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)