POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Who says .NET is slow...? : Re: Who says .NET is slow...? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who says .NET is slow...?
From: scott
Date: 23 Feb 2009 07:16:20
Message: <49a29394$1@news.povray.org>
>> Running Vista here, I estimate about 10-20 fps (assuming it goes up one
>> line per frame).
>
> Then why the hell is my Vista box always so freaking slow?!!

Ooh I just tried it on my XP laptop, and by the time the red has got to the
top it's only 80% of the way there on Vista.  My Vista box is about 10x
faster than my laptop so who knows what is going on.

Does it make a difference under Vista if you take out the
"ControlStyles.OptimizedDoubleBuffer" flag?

Also you are locking the bitmap for quite a long time (relatively), you
should literally lock, memcopy, unlock. Any processing should be done
outside of that on a separate buffer.  Maybe it is holding up Vista somehow
when it's trying to copy the bitmap to the graphics card?