POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dr POV-Ray : Re: Dr POV-Ray Server Time
9 Oct 2024 18:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dr POV-Ray
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Feb 2009 17:26:25
Message: <49a1d111$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Heh. Not so much. It's more... I'm held responsible for a bunch of
> stuff, but other people like to change it around without asking me
> beforehand, or telling me afterwards. :-/

Do you have the authority to prevent them from doing it? If not, then you
don't have the authority.

I assume you're responsible for the security of the computers, keeping
hackers from breaking in, stuff like that?  Next time they change the
configuration without asking and you notice it, treat it like a hacker
break-in: disconnect from the network, change all the passwords, dump out
the audit logs, and look for who broke into the machine. If they ask what's
going on, tell them you have hackers changing the configuration and you're
trying to find what the hole is. When they admit they did it, ask them where
the log entry for the changes is. If they can't produce any, insist you'll
have to continue your audit until you're confident they're the only ones
making unauthorized modifications to the system. But step one would be to
change the admin-level passwords on everything to ensure the hackers are
locked out of the systems before you start your analysis. :-)

> I was chatting to our accountant and she was saying it's the same with
> finance.

I'm not surprised.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)