POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dr POV-Ray : Re: Dr POV-Ray Server Time
9 Oct 2024 18:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dr POV-Ray
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 22 Feb 2009 17:21:34
Message: <49a1cfee$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Oh. My. GOD! >_<
>>>
>>> You cannot *possibly* expect me to take anything else you say
>>> seriously now, can you? :-P
>>
>> Know what? My wife has a PhD too. Know where I met her?
>
> Heh. What do you have a PhD *in* though?

I'm sharing a (largish) house with four other people at the moment, and
three of us are currently dating women who we met in a PhD computer
science program.  I think that the reason Darren's suggestion make some
sense is not because in a graduate program you're associating with
people (men and women alike) who have share interests with you, so it's
easy to meet people you have things in common with.  Note, however, that
you still mostly discuss non-computer related things -- it's just that
nobody bats an eye when you do say something technical :)

Of course meeting women shouldn't be your primary concern in going to
grad school, as there's ways to do that which involve way less effort.
That said, it does seem like it would be well, well worth your while to
move out of home and go somewhere (another job or graduate school) where
  you're not the only person around who enjoys technical topics.