POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dr POV-Ray : Re: Dr POV-Ray Server Time
9 Oct 2024 18:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dr POV-Ray
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 22 Feb 2009 16:23:48
Message: <49a1c264$1@news.povray.org>
>> Of course, if it was just some dump-ass teacher, it wouldn't matter so
>> much. The problem was that *everybody* told me I was stupid.
>> Throughout my whole life. Hence my self-evident mental issues. x_o
>
> Yes. Getting constantly put down will eventually lead to problems.
>
> Get over it. You're not stupid. Everyone else was, for telling you you are.

Heh - or just jelous. ;-)

Seriously though... I think having a little positive reinforcement would
have helped. I'm still trying to arrive at a point in my life where
there are people around me who have *nice* things to say about me...
This turns out to be seriously difficult. :-/

>> ...wait, are you that guy who has a Chinese wife?
>
> Yes.

Ah. That makes more sense...

>> OK, that's just mental. At college, we had 14 guys, 0 girls. At uni we
>> had [approximately] 75 guys and 5 girls [almost all married with
>> children].
>
> Undergradutate, yes. We had something like 25 guys and 3 girls in the
> classes when I was undergrad.

? OK, well that's pretty random... So if there are no girl graduates,
where do all the girl PhDs come from?? o_O

>> Heh. My mum's first reaction was "and what are you going to do after
>> that?" Not that my mum's opinion is especially important. I was just
>> wondering how much she'd freak out. ;-)
>
> I think the right answer is "live far away from *you*!" :-)

Heh. Not wise to say that out loud. ;-)

>> Ah. Is *that* why every country in the EU speaks English, but the
>> English can't speak any damned language except English? :-} I often
>> wonder about that...
>
> Yes. You didn't figure that out? That's why there's like 200 languages
> in India, but everyone speaks English. And why Americans mostly speak
> English. And why lots of Africa speaks English. And why lots of central
> and south america speak spanish or something close to it.

Mmm, actually... This still doesn't explain why people in most EU
countries speak *several* languages, not just English.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/