POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Playing Crysis : Re: Playing Crysis Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing Crysis
From: Chambers
Date: 22 Feb 2009 13:36:04
Message: <49a19b14$1@news.povray.org>
So I finally got time to finish it this weekend... and I can't :(

I'm on the aircraft carrier, and facing off against the big walking
thing that I saw in the valley.

I have a dual core CPU, 3 gigs of RAM, and a 48xx series video card.
I've set all the graphical options to "Low".  I'm playing in a
full-screen 800x600 resolution.

And I get MAYbe 5-10 fps.  Plus, every 10-15 seconds the game will
completely freeze for 3-5 seconds.

I understand futureproofing your game (they never expected anyone to run
it at its highest settings when it came out), but the quality levels
SHOULD provide consistent experiences across the game.  How the game
plays on the "Low" settings, for instance, should be how it *always*
plays on the "Low" setting.  Not 90+ fps in one part of the game, and
the situation I described above in another (*especially* when you're so
close to the end... it's not like I can just stop playing now, I need
the emotional release that you get when you finish it!)

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com