POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : generating an image_map name: string syntax problem : Re: generating an image_map name: string syntax problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: generating an image_map name: string syntax problem
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 21 Feb 2009 14:50:52
Message: <49a05b1c@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
> Ah yes, the video card--another link in the chain. Mine is an ATI Radeon 200
> series (it came with my machine.) Following your advice, I looked at the
> 'Overlay' tab, and it tells me that the settings there are automatically
> applied "to any video file type that supports overlay adjustments"--five
> slider
> settings including gamma. But the sliders are ALL dimmed out (even the 'Set to
> defaults' button) so I can't adjust them. I don't understand why; but they are
> all at their good default 'mid-points' anyway, with gamma at 1.0.

You should be able to adjust them while a video is playing

> Then I looked
> under the 'Color' tab, which has three sliders--contrast, brightness and
> gamma--
> that *can* be adjusted, but they affect *everything* on my system, instantly,
> so
> I'll leave them as-is (again, set to their defaults, with gamma at 1.0.)

They actually affect everything except overlay-video :)

> I took a closer look at the other videos I've created (all made with
> monkeyjam)
> and they ALL have the slight contrast/gamma problem, regardless of
> the video codec I used at the time--CINEPAK, Sorenson, etc. So I'm pretty sure
> it isn't the xvid codec.

has nothing to do with the codec, only with the way you play them, which most
probably is with overlay

cu!
--
#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*C/50#end#macro _(b,e,k,l)#local C=0;#while(C<50)
sphere{G(b,e)+3*z.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1;