POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point : Re: I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I knew this would happen at some point
From: andrel
Date: 29 Mar 2009 04:02:50
Message: <49CF2B2A.1020509@hotmail.com>
On 29-3-2009 7:42, Jim Henderson wrote:

> I've only once, for example, been so drunk that I couldn't remember what
> had happened (the time I got home and wasn't sure); but the memory did
> return after a few days (and let's just say I was damned lucky).  So I
> know my tolerance and I don't get anywhere near it now.

Long before you notice anything yourself your reaction time already goes
up. You still feel the same and as long as nothing unexpected happens
you are just as able to drive as always. One of the reasons why the
alcohol limit is so low that most people think they could drink at least
three more beer before they their driving is even minutely impaired is
because of that. I.e. that people are unable to objectively look at
themselves after consuming alcohol. Possibly because all the internal
things you normally use to evaluate how well you are performing are
slowed down by the same amount.