POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point : Re: I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I knew this would happen at some point
From: andrel
Date: 26 Mar 2009 15:53:43
Message: <49CBDD4A.8030805@hotmail.com>
On 26-3-2009 8:26, Chambers wrote:
> On 3/25/2009 6:12 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> This is deciding "what does it mean to drive drunk?"
>> Is sitting in your running car in the parking lot "drunk driving"?
>
> Same thing here in Oregon.  I know a guy who got a DUI conviction
> because he'd been out drinking, decided he was too drunk to drive home
> and went to sleep in his car on the side of the road.
>
> Unfortunately for him, he left the keys in the ignition, so even though
> the car wasn't started the police still wrote him up when they found him.

There are two sides to this and Jim's case. On the on hand you might
argue that it is technically not driving on the other hand while
drinking no though was given on how to get home safe. As an incentive to
think next time before you start drinking and there is no one to take
you home it might just work.