POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point : Re: I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I knew this would happen at some point
From: andrel
Date: 23 Mar 2009 18:34:28
Message: <49C80E75.8070606@hotmail.com>
On 23-3-2009 23:17, Chambers wrote:
> On 3/23/2009 1:55 PM, andrel wrote:
>> The reasoning here is that because of the jury trial system and the way
>> it is used, it is not sure if someone innocent can still get convicted.
>
> That's funny, because living here the impression is that it's not sure
> if someone guilty can get convicted either.

That is as it should be. You can only convict if you can prove it.
Whereas a system that cannot protect innocent people from being
convicted is bad, very bad.

> For the most part, it seems that our system errs on the side of letting
> guilty people go much more often then locking up innocents.

Explain the large number of people in jail in the US?

If you'd lived here I would suggest changing your newspaper. In the US
it may take a little more.