POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV 3.7 beta 31 slow with mesh objects : Re: POV 3.7 beta 31 slow with mesh objects Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:34:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.7 beta 31 slow with mesh objects
From: Vaclav Cermak
Date: 22 Mar 2009 06:10:31
Message: <49C60E96.1060507@disnel.com>
Thorsten Froehlich napsal(a):
> Vaclav Cermak wrote:
>>  I tested scene with mesh objects with many triangles and POV 3.7 beta
>> on two cores renders it slower than old single threaded MegaPOV.
>
>>  it is rad_test04. Mesh objects are with unnecessary high detail to
>> demonstrate the problem. Rad_test 02 and 03 are without meshes and 3.7
>> beta is mush faster than MegaPOV with them, as expected.
>
> How did you conclude from a scene using radiosity that meshes are slower?
>
>     Thorsten

With scenes without meshes is POV 3.7 mush faster than MegaPov, with
scenes with mesh objects is slower (much slower). From this I conclude,
that there is some problem with mesh objects. I don't conclude anything
about radiosity, I just use it nearly in all my renders and I used it in
test renders as well. I may try it with radiosity switched off, if it helps.

Vaclav