POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : rrrggh..damned plebes... : Re: rrrggh..damned plebes... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:14:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rrrggh..damned plebes...
From: andrel
Date: 17 Mar 2009 17:22:10
Message: <49C01482.5050207@hotmail.com>
On 17-3-2009 21:39, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> Perhaps Ian should have consulted someone before acting so rash.
>
> Or at least before broadcasting his confession all over the world. ;-)

Yes that is sort of what I mean. At least start next time with 'If I was
bothered by ... and I know the IP, would you think it is a good idea...'
even if you have already done it. In the end this is a somewhat
different audience than the usual newsgroup.

Next legal problem: we now know that we have probably a criminal amongst
us (at least that is how I feel about this) should we take action? My
feeling is that this is not severe enough to justify an action that
would result in invading the privacy of Ian. Nor can we tell anybody
that there is this guy (probably) that has erased a server somewhere on
this world or so he(?) says, probably sometime last week. Not really
specific if you ask me. Still, I would have preferred not to know.

Non-legal problem: how to react to ian within this newsgroup. Nothing
changed as far as I am concerned. Apart from noting the fact that he can
apparently behave like a hothead sometimes. And he has the knowledge and
tools to do nasty things with computers. At least he did not use a gun.
That reminds me: where is Ken?